1. Ross L. Spiritual care in nursing: an overview of the research to date. Journal of clinical nursing. 2006;15(7):852-62.
2. Rykkje L, Eriksson K, Råholm M-B. A qualitative metasynthesis of spirituality from a caring science perspective. International Journal for human caring. 2011;15(4):40.
3. Giske T. How undergraduate nursing students learn to care for patients spiritually in clinical studies–a review of literature. Journal of nursing management. 2012;20(8):1049-57.
4. Clark PA, Drain M, Malone MP. Addressing patients’ emotional and spiritual needs. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Safety. 2003;29(12):659-70.
5. Narayanasamy A. ASSET: a model for actioning spirituality and spiritual care education and training in nursing. Nurse Education Today. 1999;19(4):274-85.
6. Borneman T, Ferrell B, Puchalski CM. Evaluation of the FICA tool for spiritual assessment. Journal of pain and symptom management. 2010;40(2):163-73.
7. Timmins F, Murphy M, Neill F, Begley T, Sheaf G. An exploration of the extent of inclusion of spirituality and spiritual care concepts in core nursing textbooks. Nurse education today. 2015;35(1):277-82.
8. Baldacchino DR. Nursing competencies for spiritual care. Journal of clinical nursing. 2006;15(7):885-96.
9. Ramezani M, Ahmadi F, Mohammadi E, Kazemnejad A. Spiritual care in nursing: a concept analysis. International nursing review. 2014;61(2):211-9.
10. McSherry W, Cash K, Ross L. Meaning of spirituality: implications for nursing practice. Journal of clinical nursing. 2004;13(8):934-41.
11. Baldacchino DR. Teaching on the spiritual dimension in care: The perceived impact on undergraduate nursing students. Nurse education today. 2008;28(4):501-12.
12. Baldacchino DR. Teaching on the spiritual dimension in care to undergraduate nursing students: the content and teaching methods. Nurse Education Today. 2008;28(5):550-62.
13. Van Leeuwen R, Tiesinga LJ, Middel B, Post D, Jochemsen H. The effectiveness of an educational programme for nursing students on developing competence inthe provision of spiritual care. Journal of clinical nursing. 2008;17(20):2768-81.
14. Shores CI. Spiritual perspectives of nursing students. Nursing education perspectives. 2010;31(1):8-11.
15. Ross L, van Leeuwen R, Baldacchino D, Giske T, McSherry W, Narayanasamy A, et al. Student nurses perceptions of spirituality and competence in delivering spiritual care: a European pilot study. Nurse Education Today. 2014;34(5):697-702.
16. Caldeira S, Simões Figueiredo A, da Conceição AP, Ermel C, Mendes J, Chaves E, et al. Spirituality in the undergraduate curricula of nursing schools in Portugal and São Paulo-Brazil. Religions. 2016;7(11):134.
17. Baldacchino DR. Spiritual care: is it the nurse's role? Spirituality and Health International. 2008;9(4):270-84.
18. Barnett KG, Fortin AH. Spirituality and medicine. Journal of general internal medicine. 2006;21(5):481-5.
19. Carson VB. What is the essence of spiritual care? Journal of Christian Nursing. 2011;28(3):173.
20. Lantz CM. Teaching spiritual care in a public institution: Legal implications, standards of practice, and ethical obligations. Journal of Nursing Education. 2007;46(1).
21. Kattimani S. Spirituality and medical education in India: Are we ready? Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2012;17(5).
22. Yarmohammadian M, Bahrami S, FOROUGHI AAA. Health Directors and experts, and proper need assessment models. 2003.
23. Grant J. Learning needs assessment: assessing the need. Bmj. 2002;324(7330):156-9.
24. Baraz Pordanjani S, Fereidooni Moghadam M, Loorizade M. Clinical education status according to the nursing and midwifery students’ point of view, Tehran university of medical sciences. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2009;5(2):102-12.
25. Paal P, Helo Y, Frick E. Spiritual care trainingprovided to healthcare professionals: a systematic review. Journal of Pastoral Care & Counseling. 2015;69(1):19-30.
26. Harbinson MT, Bell D. How should teaching on whole person medicine, including spiritual issues, be delivered in the undergraduate medical curriculum in the United Kingdom? BMC medical education. 2015;15(1):96.
27. Attard J, Baldacchino D. The demand for competencies in spiritual care in nursing and midwifery education: a literature review. Revista Pistis & Praxis: Teologia e Pastoral. 2014;6(2).
28. Pesut B. The development of nursing students' spirituality and spiritual care-giving. Nurse Education Today. 2002;22(2):128-35.
29. Memaryan N, Rassouli M, Nahardani SZ, Amiri P. Integration of spirituality in medical education in iran: a qualitative exploration of requirements. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2015;2015.
30. Chandramohan S, Bhagwan R. Spirituality and spiritual care in in the context of nursing education in South Africa. Curationis. 2015;38(1):1-15.
31. Bennett V, Thompson ML. Teaching spirituality to student nurses. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 2014;5(2):26.
32. Lemmer CM. Reflections on teaching “spirituality in the healthcare environment”. Journal of Holistic Nursing. 2010;28(2):145-9.
33. Shih FJ, Gau ML, Mao HC, Chen CH, Kao Lo CH. Empirical validation of a teaching course on spiritual care in Taiwan. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2001;36(3):333-46.
34. Lan, I., Mitroff., and, Elizabeth, A., et al. Methodology of Social Sciences and Humanities. 2004;9(37):163-84.
35. A A, M A, H Z, M Z. the status of prayer in the physical and mental health. psychotherapical novelties. 2012;61 , 62.
36. Allahbakhshian M, Jaffarpour M, Parvizy S, Haghani H. A Survey on relationship between spiritual wellbeing and quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2010;12(3):29-33.
37. Ellman MS, Schulman-Green D, Blatt L, Asher S, Viveiros D, Clark J, et al. Using online learning and interactive simulation to teach spiritual and cultural aspects of palliative care to interprofessional students. Journal of palliative medicine. 2012;15(11):1240-7.
38. Bell D, Harbinson M, Toman G, Crawford V, Cunningham H. Wholeness of healing: an innovative Student-Selected Component introducing United Kingdom medical students to the spiritual dimension in healthcare. Southern medical journal. 2010;103(12):1204-9.
39. Cone PH, Giske T. Teaching spiritual care–a grounded theory study among undergraduate nursing educators. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2013;22(13-14):1951-60.
40. Hall P, Weaver L, Fothergill-Bourbonnais F, Amos S, Whiting N, Barnes P, et al. Interprofessional education in palliative care: a pilot project using popular literature. Journal of Interprofessional Care. 2006;20(1):51-9.
41. Burkhart L, Schmidt W. Measuring effectiveness of a spiritual care pedagogy in nursing education. Journal of professional nursing. 2012;28(5):315-21.
42. Attar MA, Hernandez ME, Mullan PB, Tang TS, Haftel H. Pediatric residents' competency in communicating bad news and eliciting spiritual needs: Development and evaluation of a skills-based curriculum. Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 2010;3(3):177-85.
43. Costello M, Atinaja-Faller J, Hedberg M. The use of simulation to instruct students on the provision of spiritual care: A pilot study. Journal of Holistic Nursing. 2012;30(4):277-81.
44. Taylor EJ, Mamier I, Bahjri K, Anton T, Petersen F. Efficacy of a self‐study programme to teach spiritual care. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2009;18(8):1131-40.
45. Caldeira S. A espiritualidade no currículo de Enfermagem. Revista Nursing Portuguesa. 2012;282:18-21.
46. Ross LA. Teaching spiritual care to nurses. Nurse education today. 1996;16(1):38-43.