عنوان مقاله [English]
Introduction: The aim of this study was to develop and implement a national accreditation system for virtual centers and schools of Universities of Medical Sciences, according to Ministry of Health and Medical Education policies, which are documented in the package of Medical Education Innovation Plan.
Methods: In this study the expertise oriented approach and accreditation model was chosen for evaluation. At the first step an extensive library study was performed and accreditation and quality assurance systems in developed countries were assessed extensively. Then an expert committee including medical educationists and e-learning specialists was organized. The draft of standards and consequent rules and regulation of accreditation body were designed. Afterward all standards were finalized through a national Delphi process among all eLearning stakeholders around the country.
Results: These documents were legislated in Ministry of Health and Medical Education. The standards consisted of four main domains: governance (5 standards), infrastructure (6 standards), educational affairs (5 standards) and consultation and support (3 standards).
Conclusion: Currently this system is being used for evaluation of virtual centers of Universities of Medical Sciences in Iran.
1. Mirzadeh A, Tavakoli S, Yazdani K, Taj M. Accreditation: A Way to Quality Assurance and Improvement. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2004; 4 (2) :105-116
2. Yousefy A, Changiz T, Yamani N, Ehsanpour S, Hassan Zahrai R. Developing a Holistic Accreditation System for Medical Universities of Iran. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2012; 11 (9) :1191-1201
3. Karaferye F. An Introduction to Program Accreditation in Foreign Language Schools in Turkey. European Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 2017 4(4):62-6.
4. Hakkak M, Hozni S A, Shahsiah N, Akhlaghi T. Design of Hospital Accreditation Model: A Qualitative Study. Manage Strat Health Syst. 2017; 2 (3) :201-214
5. Namaki A, Gholi Mesgarha S. A review of the concept of accreditation and quality assessment in higher education. Journal of Research in Management and Accounting. 2017;2:109-19. [Persian]
6. Hashemi H, Pour Amin zadeh S. Validation and internal evaluation model for evaluation and quality assurance In the academic system. Fifth Conference "Quality Evaluation in the Academic System"; School of Engineering, University of Tehran: School of Engineering, University of Tehran; 2011. [Persian]
7. Fitzpatrick J, Sanders J, Worthen B. Program Evaluation: Alternative Approaches and Practical Guidelines 4th Edition, Kindle Edition. USA: Pearson; 2017.
8. UCSF Center for the Health Professions, the Taskforce on Health Care Workforce Regulation. Task Force on Accreditation of Health Professions Education: Working Papers. San Francisco: University of California at San Francisco; 1998.
9. Ministry of Health and Medical Education SotCoMA. High Council of e-Learning. Rules and Regulation; 2018 [cited 2018. DES 25. Available from: http://vums.ac.ir/Default.aspx?PageID=46
10. Rock AJ, Coventry WL, Morgan MI. Loi NM. Teaching Research Methods and Statistics in eLearning Environments: Pedagogy, Practical Examples, and Possible Futures. Front. Psychol. 2016:7:339.