عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: Employees are constantly in need of training, which by comprehensive evaluation can be aware of effectiveness of the educational outcomes. The purpose of this study was assessment of the Effectiveness of Staff In-Service Training System, Tehran Taleghani Hospital with Kirickpatrik Approach, which would ultimately be a guide for hospitals by producing a guideline.
Materials and Methods: This is a descriptive-survey research. The statistical population was operating room staff about 50 people. The sampling method is Convenience sampling and the sample size is 48 people. Data analysis was performed in accordance with four level of the Kirkpatrick model including reaction levels (researcher-made questionnaire and face-to-face interview), learning (pre-post written tests and skill tests such as OSCE), behavior (360-degree evaluation), and outcomes (Change of indicators) and data were analyzed by SPSS software
Results: Findings showed that mean scores in the reaction stage (136.35) and in the learning stage, t-test statistics of the pre and posttest in writing exam (12.93), and OSCE (8.45) and, in behavior stage the mean score of 360 degrees from the viewpoints of head nurses (55.83 ± 7.96) and colleagues (44.29 ± 6.92) And junior colleagues (39.85±4.75) self-assessment (57.5±3.01) patients (13.25 ±0.001) and in the result stage hospital indices were significantly different and change.
Conclusion: At the reaction stage, the participants were satisfied and significant changes in the mean score of the pre-posttest of the written and OSCE shows that learning occurred. Based on the analysis of 360 degrees evaluation from the perspective of five sources of assessment about 50% of the learning transmit to the work place and that cause changes in the hospital's indicators.
1.Nursing Management, 3rd edition D A Gillies W B Saunders 626pp pound21.50 0-7216-6588-8 [Formula: see text]. Nursing standard (Royal College of Nursing (Great Britain) : 1987). 1994;8(39):48.
2.Hawkins JW BP, Steinberg S. Integrating practice issues in managed care into the curriculum. 2006;18(12):582-90.
3.Abbasian A, Salimi G, Azin R. R. Evaluation of Engineering Training: Survey the Effectiveness of Resistant Welding Training Course Based on Kirkpatrick Model, Irankhodro Co. as a Case Study. Journal of Iran Engineering Education. 2008;39(10):37-62.[Persian]
4.Alliger GM TS, Bennett W, Traver H, Shotland A.. Personnel psychology. A metaanalysis of the relations among training criteria. 1997;50(2):341-58.
5. Praslova L. Adaptation of Kirkpatrick’s four level model of training criteria to assessment of learning outcomes and program evaluation in higher education. Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability. 2010;22(3):215-25.
6. Johnson B FV, Henderson M. . National Human Services; 2003 May 21–23; University of California, Berkeley: California Social Work Education Center. [citd 2014 Feb 19]. available from:http://calswec.berkeley.edu/files/uploads/pdf/CalSWEC/2003Proceedings.pdf.
7. Kirckpatrick DL KJ. Evaluating Training Programs.: The Four Levels. 3rd ed. SanFrancisco,California: Berrett-Koehler Store. 2006.
8. Emery CR, Kramer TR, Tian RG. Return to academic standards: A critique of student evaluations of teaching effectiveness. Quality assurance in Education. 2003;11(1):37-46.
9.Mazloomy S, Karimi M, kamalikhah T, Zare Harofte F, Mirzaee M. Effectiveness of “Health Promotion Evaluation” workshop using Kirkpatrick Model. Journal of Medical Education and Development. 2014;8(4):11-20.[Persian].
10. jamaledini h, sharifi m, sani fn, hadavandi m. Evaluating the effectiveness of basic courses of crisis management training in Red Crescent society based on Kirkpatrick’s model. 2. 2017;8(4):0.[Persian]-.
11. Nezamian Pourjahromi ZN, Ghafarian Shirazi H, Ghaedi H, Momeninejad M, Mohamadi Baghmolaee M, Abasi A, et al. The Effectiveness of Training Courses on “How to Work with DC Shock Device” for Nurses, Based on Kirkpatrick Model. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2012;11(8):896-902. .[Persian]
12. bakhtiari l. Evaluating the Effectiveness of the Graduate Course in Police Information Science. SID. .[Persian]
13.Hojjati H, Mehralizadeh Yl, Farhadirad H, Alostany S, Aghamolaei M. Assessing the effectiveness of training outcome based on Kirkpatrick model: case study. Quarterly Journal of Nersing Management. 2013;2(3):35-42. .[Persian]