عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Objective: Insomnia, is one of the common problems in today's world, which has health, performance and economic consequences. Various factors, affect the onset of sleep disorders in humans. In the present study, the combination of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Iranian Traditional Medicine and some environmental factors have been used.
Method: The present study is a case study. The client was a 45-year-old woman who had symptoms of insomnia. Using diagnostic interview and Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index, her low sleep quality was diagnosed. For treatment, behavioral-cognitive strategies were used. At the same time, the client was asked to install a split unit in her bedroom. Also, for the correction of temperament, the client was referred to the doctor of Iranian Traditional Medicine. The client, followed cognitive-behavioral strategies, use of split and nutritional and non-nutritional instructions of the physician, for 1 month.
Results: Using interview and Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index, the client’s sleep status was measured, which showed a relative improvement in her sleep quality. One year after the start of the treatment, again, the sleep status of the client was measured, which showed a higher recovery.
Conclusion: Based on the present study, the combination of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Iranian Traditional Medicine and environmental factors, have had an effect on the improvement of the client’s sleep. Investigating the effects of the combination of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Iranian Traditional Medicine, and environmental factors on nightmares and other sleep disorders in different age groups of women and men is suggested.
1. Holy Quran, Surah Al-Room, Verse 23.
2. Holy Quran, Surah Al-Naba, Verse 9.
3. Setayesh M, Keshavarz M, Salehi M, Kargar, H, Mirzayee M. [The role of sleep in health promotion from the perspective of Iranian Traditional Medicine: A review study]. Journal of Islamic and Iranian Traditional Medicine. 2014; 5 (1): 1-9. (Persian)
4. Feyzabad Z, Javan R, Mokaberinejad R, Aliasl, Zh. [Comparing insomnia treatment in Iranian Traditional Medicine and modern medicine]. History of Medicine Journal. 2014; 6 (19): 185-208. (Persian)
5. Khazayee H, Rezayee L. [Explaining the consequences of chronic insomnia: A qualitative study]. The Scientific Journal of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences. 2015; 78: 112-124. (Persian)
6. Oshvandi Kh. Moghadari Koosha M, Cheraghi F, Fardmal J, Naghsh Tabrizi F, Fallahi Niya Gh. [The impact of nursing interventions on the quality of sleep among patients in coronary care unit of Ekbatan Hospital in Hamadan City, Iran]. Scientific Journal of Hamadan Nursing & Midwifery Faculty. 2014; 22 (1): 60-69. (Persian)
7. Zeighami R, Mohamadi Hariry F, Jalilolghadr S, Alipour Heydari M. [Investigating the effect of “Citrus Aurantium” aroma on sleep quality of patients hospitalized in the Coronary Care Unit] Complementary Medicine Journal of The faculty of Nursing & Midwifery. 2014; 4 (1): 720-733. (Persian)
8. Pashib M, Abbaspour S, Tadayyon H, Khalafi A. [Relationship between quality of sleep and quality of life in women referred to health centers]. Journal of Health Chimes. 2016; 4 (2): 45-50. (Persian)
9. Mitchell MD, Gehrman P, Perlis M, Umscheid, CA. (2012). Comparative effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia: A systematic review. Family Practice, 13-40.
10. Esmaeili M, Basiri N, Shakibaee F. [The effect of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy focused in insomnia (CBTFI) on improving sleep quality and insomnia severity in patients with primary insomnia disorder]. Journal of Research in Behavioral Sciences. 2015; 41(1): 409-419. (Persian)
11. Nazari AM, Taheri M, Nikoosiar Jahromi M, Aminimanesh S. [The efficacy of Cognitive-Behavioral Group Therapy on insomnia symptoms among male prisoners]. Journal of Research in Behavioural Sciences. 2013; 11 (2): 139-146. (Persian)
12. The promotion and development of traditional medicine- Report of a WHO meeting. (1978). World Health Organization Report Series, No. 622. Geneva. Retrieved from http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s7147e/s7147e.pdf
13. Faculty of Traditional Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Available at http://tim.tums.ac.ir/
14. Soltani S, Minae M, Besharat M, Karimi F, Nazem E. [Correction of sleep and wakefulness in different ages and geographic regions from the viewpoint of Iranian Traditional Medicine] Journal of Islamic and Iranian Traditional Medicine. 2012; 3 (3): 263-268. (Persian)
15. Fars News Agency. 6 Secrets of Health: Water, clean air and food, healthy sleep, exercise and distraction. Available at https://www.farsnews.com/news/13930201000222/
16. Shafaonline. The view of Traditional Medicine about healthy weather. Available at http://shafaonline.ir/fa/news/23774/Accessed in 2014.
17. Abol-Hasani Z. [Review of prevention and treatment of mental disease from view point of Iranian Traditional Medicine]. History of Medicine Journal. 2013; 5 (14): 125-152. (Persian)
18. Farokhnezhad Afshar P, Zahednezhad H, Ajri Khamesloo M, Ghanei Gheshlagh R, Fathi R. [Effect of white noise on the sleep of elderly patients hospitalized in coronary care units]. Iranian Journal of Ageing. 2016; 11 (1): 44-51. (Persian)
19- Bakker, RH, Pedersen, E, vn den Berg, GP, Stewart, RE, Lock, W, Bouma, J, (2012). Impact of wind turbine sound on annoyance, self-reported sleep disturbance and psychological distress, Sch Total Eviron, 425: 42-51.
20. Feyzabad Z, Aliasl F, Gheraati M, Aliaasl, Zh. [Effectiveness of material medicine on the treatment of insomnia in Iranian Traditional Medicine]. History of Medicine Journal. 2015; 23: 51-68. (Persian)
21. Farshadbakht F, Tadayon M, Abedi P. [The effect of walking with pedometer on mental sleep quality of menopausal women]. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility. 2015; 18 (161): 10-19. (Persian)
22. Eliyasianfar S, Khazaei H, Khatoni A, Pourmirza Kalhori R, Rezaei M. [Effects of blindfolds and earplugs on sleep quality of patients admitted to the cardiac intensive care unit]. Journal of Clinical Research in Paramedical Sciences. 2016; 5 (1): 15-22. (Persian)
23. Farrokhian R, Soleymani M, Sheikhi M, Alipour M. [Effects of foot reflexology massage on sleep quality in hemodialysis patients: A randomized control trial]. Hamadan Nurse Midwifery. 2016; 24 (4): 213-220. (Persian)
24. Kiyani R, Saberi Kakhki A, Amir Sasan R. [Effectiveness of aerobic exercises on Middle- Insomnia in middle-aged women with and without quality control of life]. New Psychological Research Journal. 2016; 41: 133-149. (Persian)
25. Malekzadegan A, Moradkhani, M, Ashayeri, H, Haghani H. [Effects of relaxation on insomnia during third trimester among pregnant women]. Iran Journal of Nursing. 2010; 23 (64): 52-58. (Persian)
26. Abdollahi A, Nazair A, Hasani J, Daharaj M, Behnam Moghadam A. [Effectiveness of Cognitive- Behavioral Group Therapy on insomnia symptoms in students]. Armaghane Danesh. 2015; 20 (1): 11-18. (Persian)
27. Ozgoli G, Armand M, Heshmat R, Alavi Majd H. [The effect of Acupressure on the quality of sleep in menopausal women]. Complementary Medicine Journal of Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery. 2012; 2 (3): 9-18. (Persian)
28. Khajavi D, Khan Mohamadi R. [The effect of "Green Exercise" on improving the sleep quality of female elderly without regular physical activity in Arak city]. Journal of Woman and Family Studies. 2015; 2 (6): 7-32. (Persian)
30. Valipour F, Dehghan H, Pourtaghi G, Jahangiri M, Mazahabi M. [Noise pollution in a research complex next to Mehrabad airport]. Journal of Health System Research. 2010; 6 (3) 473-479. (Persian)
31. Mohebi Dehnavi Z, Jafarnezhad Z, Mojahedi M, Shakeri MT, Sardar M. [The relationship between warm and cold temperament with symptoms of premenstrual syndrome]. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility. 2015; 18 (179): 17-24. (Persian)
32- Sepehrirad M, Toozandehjani H. [Effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Group Therapy training and nutritional strategies based on Traditional Medicine in premenstrual syndrome]. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility. 2015; 18 (177): 11-19. (Persian)