عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and objective: Participation in the knowledge-based global market has become an important policy in developing countries. This research was conducted to identify the current status of the knowledge market in Iran.
Methods and Materials: The present study is descriptive-survey. The statistical population consists of 50 experts of governmental and non-governmental universities (subsection of Ministry of Science and Health) of Mazandaran province. To collect data, two researcher-made questionnaires (existing and desirable knowledge market) were used including 39 pairs of corresponding questions based on the five-point Likert scale with seven dimensions. Its validity was confirmed by experts and for the reliability, the Cronbach's alpha coefficient was 0.94. Data analysis was done by Wilcoxon test using 24 SPSS software.
Results: From the academic experts' point of view, there was a gap in all aspects of the knowledge market. Dimensions of the largest to the smallest gap includes Knowledge commercialization(-2.3),internationalization(-2.2),commodification(-2.1), standardization (-2.1), participation (-2.1), inclusiveness (-1.8), and compete (-1.7).
Conclusion: The current status of the market for higher education knowledge is not favorable to academic experts and does not meet expectations. Accordingly, policy review in higher education based on the requirements of the knowledge market, matching curricula to the needs of the community and industry and more attention to university social responsibility and provide educational and motivational programs for professors, students, and staff and university administrators in relation to globalization requirements and The components of the knowledge market and their empowerment are more essential.
1) Jabbari M. Knowledge-based economy. Rahbord.2007; 4. [Persian]
3) Shafizadeh H, sadatmohseni H.The role of technology transfer offices of universities in commercializing knowledge. jiu . 2012; 5(18). [Persian]
4) Marques J, Carac J¸ Diz H. How canuniversity–industry–government interactions change the innovation scenario in Portugal? the case of the University of Coimbra. Technovation. 2006; 26: 534–542.
5) Nemati M, Musavi amiri T, Khosravi M .Institutional Research, a new approach to the development of university-industry relations. JIU.2015;7(5). [Persian]
6) analysis of the interaction of the university industry from the perspective of knowledge economy. Office of Cultural Studies, Deputy Chair of the Islamic Consultative Assembly.2004. [Persian]
7) Ferasatkhah M.Higher Education and Universities Canges Critique of the book "Globalization Theory and Universities.PEMBOE.2014;13(29):119-133. [Persian]
8) Baskaran A, Boden R. Science: A Controversial Commodity, Science. Technology and Society. 2004;9(1): 1-27.
9) Smulders S, Bretschger L. Sustainable Use of Resources and Economic Dynamics. J E R E .2006; 36(1): 1-13.
10) Fakour B.Commercializing of Research Findings. Rj.2005; 6. [Persian]
11) Zare H, Hejazi SR. Designing a system for evaluating the commercialization of academic research.JED.2012; 4(2):145-164. [Persian]
12) Fiuzat E, Taslimi Tehrani R. Sociological Research of Relation between University and Industry in Iran Today.HS.2007; 53: 267-288. [Persian]
13) Rahimpoor M, Ahmadizad A, Rahimpoor M. A Model for Management of Industry-University Collaborations.JMS.2017; 12(39):61-76. [Persian]
14) Yasini A, Niku A, Taban M, Purashraf Y.Designing a Model for Higher Education Marketing in Iran.JBM.2017;9(2):415-438. [Persian]
15) Azizi M, Naveh ebrahim A, Arasteh H, Behrangi M. Developing market orientation in higher education: constraints and opportunities in Iranian higher education.QJSCDS.2016;4(3):183-206. [Persian]
16) Feyz D, Syrian E. The study of the influence of the internal factors of the university on the relationship with industry, industry and university publications.JIU.2018; 7(23, 24). [Persian]
17) Entezari Y, Mahjub H. An Analysis of Development of Iran’s Knowledge Economy on the Basis of 1404 Vision.JMS.2014;24: 65-97. [Persian
18) Mozaffari Farooq A, Loghman Sh. Study of the Methods and Approaches of Commercialization of Academic Research; Case Study of Tabriz niversity.NRISP.2012;3(4) . [Persian]
19) Pirezat A, Gholipour A, NadirKhanlou S.Explaining Barriers to Academic Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Commercialization at Tehran University. NRISP.2010;2(4):65-75. [Persian]
20) Powers JB. R & D funding sources and University technology transfer: what is stimulating Universities to be more entrepreneurial?. RH E. 2004; 45: 1-23.
21) Siegel D, Waldman D, Atwater L, Link A. Commercial knowledge transfers from universities to firms: improving the effectiveness of university–industry collaboration; J H TM R. 2003; 14 (5): 111–133.
22) Khodaverdi H .Globalization of Higher Education in the Third Millenium: Components and Dimensions.IRRQ.2012;2(5):133-164. [Persian]
23) Farahani M, Niaz Azari K, Salehi M.Presentation of Structural models for the commercialization of knowledge in Islamic Azad Universit.JMS.2016;26(105):17-27. [Persian]
24) International Trends in Higher Education 2015,Produced by the University of Oxford International Strategy Office, 2015. Designed by Unversity of Oxford Design Studio
25) Li, C., & Morgan, G. (2010). From knowledge to product: Institutional change and commercialization of university research in China. Journal of Science and Technology Policy in China, 1(3), 254-274.
26) Zakeri M., Asadi E. Study on missions and functions of Iranian higher education in implementation of resistant economy based on supreme leader's viewpoint. IRA. 2016; 10(35): 47-66. [Persian]